Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Annelies Van Camp

Annelies Van Camp is a Belgium visual artist. She lives in Gent and has her studio at Nucleo's Leopolds Kazerne. She works with photography and installations. For Tangents she has created the slide-installation ‘5:32pm’. An impossible situation. She projects on the wall the reflection of the light that goes trough a window. But there is no window there to be found.




'5.32pm'

About her work:
Perception is the basic theme in my work. Through my work, I try to question our way of perception. Hereby, I shall manipulate and/or accentuate the original situations.



Themes/situations which I manipulate, concern the physical appearance of a certain space or even seemingly banal gestures; all things we don’t even notice anymore because of their banality, things we don’t actually ‘perceive’. Things we are supposed to know (a priori).


'Pavillion'

http://anneliesvancamp.blogspot.com

No comments: